Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloweenie!

It's Halloween! And...I'm already feeling partied-out. Might just stay home tonight and watch movies. Need to go out and buy some candy in case we get any trick-or-treaters.

For my costume this year I was mostly concerned about comfort. Needed something that I could:

1) roller skate in for the costume skate on the 29th,
2) wear for the Gory Daze parade and not freeze to death in, and
3) dance in for the Curve Ball following the parade and not be too hot/awkward on the crowded dance floor.

So, I made a peacock tail and wore it with one of the many blue dresses I already had. I really like sewing and making clothes/costumes. Wish I had more time for it.

costume in progress
Paints, fabric and notions

costume in progress
Painting peacock feathers

WRJ Halloween 2010
The finished dress

There were some great costumes at the parade this year. Some of my favorites:

WRJ Halloween 2010
Beth's Star-Bellied Sneetch

WRJ Halloween 2010
Jon's bandit

WRJ Halloween 2010
and Old Greeeeegg! complete with The Funk and a Mangina.





It's been a fun holiday so far. I also finally got around to buying my own (cheap) set of roller skates. No more dealing with gross rentals, and I'm definitely a lot steadier out there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment